Welcome to another week as we journey through the year creating in our art journals. I am often asked about creating layers and how to know when a page is finished. That is a hard question to answser but somehow I just know. For this journal page I worked to a layer that would be nice as it is but I go on to add in more. It is hard to create the "look" of layers without actualluy creating them. I often find that it takes several layers before a page starts to really come together. What do you think?
Have a blessed day!
Layers You Will Love!
Art Challenge: When Not To Stop
Journal Prompt: "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)
Key to Additional Elements Added
1. Circle marks made with a Stabilo pencil.
2. Rubber stamped leaf from the Natural Elements Collection by Rae Missigman and white paint dots.
3. Doodle marks made with a Stabilo pencil.
4. Masking tape.
5. Black lines made with a Stabilo pencil.
6. Color in the flower petals with paint or crayons.
7. Doodle border.
8. White swirls and scallops made with a white pen.
9. Color in the flower petals with paint or crayons.
10. Triangles stamped - from Natural Elements Collection by Rae Missigman.
11. Using a scalloped stencil, add white paint.
I used the left side page in a workbook style to keep track of all the products I used.
You can find us HERE: The Art to the 5th Academy - Instagram: #documentedlife